Small cheap easy version + youtube demo vid

Started by knappingdutchman, December 10, 2012, 08:10:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

knappingdutchman

Hello good folks, newbie here & first off a big thank you to Phill Thien for the awesome design and related infos, pics and this website! :D

After thinking of how to get rid of my saw dust , shards of glass/stone, and various other DIY-produced vacuum-cleanable junk without constantly putting my household vacuum cleaner at risk of some serious potential damage, I came across videos on Youtube demonstrating quite a few succesful Thien Cyclone Separator Lid variations.

Great original design, very DIY-able, and good succes rate I saw there, and here on the website I discovered shortly after.

So I became very inspired to experiment a bit myself as well, and aimed to try and make a very simple, cheap and quite small version (for a 12 liter/3.17 gallon bucket), without really measuring or calculating anything, just guestimating and eyeballing a bit, that somehow suits me (and my limited skills/tools) better.

For what it's worth, I'd like to share a video I made of my cheap, simple Thien Cyclone Separator Lid, with some textual explanations in it, but I guess the pics and footage speak for themselves, maybe it can be of some help for people with somewhat limited DIY skills or tools, like myself  :-[

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOKUBxkHtwE

I'm amazed and very happy about how well it appears to be working.
I will experiment a bit further, e.g. I can make the 'slots'/'grooves' in the baffle a bit longer, and place the opening of the inlet tube higher above the bottom of the baffle part (which is the bottom of the plastic tub, in my case).

But so far, it works like a charm for me, thanks again Phil Thien, and all others who have been providing and uploading information on the web about this!  ;D

Cheers from Holland,
Jan

(edit 18mar2013: changed/shortened the title of this post, so it's more clear what this is about  ;) )

phil (admin)

knappingdutchman

Thanks Phil, much appreciated, you're a hero, I just made a modest contribution as an additional thank-you via paypal  ;)