News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

A long overdue update

Started by Enigmadan, August 29, 2024, 03:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Enigmadan

Soon after completing my HF DC separator (see my post: "Thein Separator with Younker Lift"), I decided what the heck and bought a canister filter for it. Being as it was at the end of the pandemic, it took a little over a year to arrive.
It was worth the wait.
It is light years ahead of the bag that comes with the DC in keeping the shop's air clean.
I am still amazed every time I use the DC at just how efficient the separator is. It even gets a large amount of the finer particles, such that I've emptied the bin a couple times and there is still barely anything in the bag.
I thought it must be on the inside of the canister filter, but an inspection of it showed very little accumulation.
After I received the canister, I considered also buying the larger impeller, but I've had no issues with the stock one, so I'll skip that. My longest run of 4" pipe is under 20 feet, and there are a few bends in all my runs.
I am curious to know, anyone who has installed the larger impeller, did you notice any difference in the quantity of dust that gets pulled through the separator into the filter?
I wonder if at some point, an increase in airflow would pull more dust through without separating it.